Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Library Blog Mistress Reading....

For those of us old enough to know Shirley MacLaine:   the movie star legend, best-selling author, and philosopher who is out-spoken and a bit of a kook with a wry sense of humor.  Wouldn’t you like to sit down and eavesdrop on her conversations?  Listen to her confessions of Hollywood romances and what she really thinks about  the old Hollywood when it was still glamorous, the Rat Pack, Robert Mitchell, Elizabeth Taylor, Fidel Castro, aging, UFO’s and reincarnations?  Wouldn’t you like to know why she’s not over vanity but is trying, why she can’t remember if she’s over memory loss and why she is over the gallows of fame, rude people and people who repeat themselves?  Well, if you read her latest book, I’m Over All That and Other Confessions, the # 11 nonfiction book on the New York Times list, you might feel just a tab bit guilty for eavesdropping but you’ll love every minute of it.   I just finished it and I did. 


I've now started reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen.   I saw the movie trailer and knew I wanted to see it.  After all, it's about a circus and who isn't intrigued by the big tents, exotic animals and carneys?  But I'm someone who prefers to read the book first, then go see the movie.  The book is not going to be a disappointment, I can tell.  I was hooked before the end of the second page with the "Disaster March".  It’s going to be a fast-pace, action-packed ride I can tell.  And judging from the movie reviews, I’ll get to enjoy the experience again.

No comments:

Post a Comment