Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Sale Coming Up

Woo hoo! The Friends of the Haltom City Public Library’s book sale is next week, April 28 through April 30th!  I will be waiting in line for the sale to start so that I can buy a stack of books at a ridiculously low price to replace the ones that I donated to the Friends of the Haltom City Public Library for their book sale.  A bookshelf without books isn’t a bookshelf, now is it?
I was raised in a house full of books and whenever I was bored or lonely, I reached for a book.  When I wanted to take a trip to an exotic place outside of my small town or learn something new, I reached for a book.  When I wanted to go back in time or time travel to the future, I read a book.  It was a good way to grow up.  It’s the way I tried to raise my family.  Apparently I did a pretty good job if I managed to get even Shelby, my Chihuahua,  interested in books.  So, if you see any good books for dogs at the book sale, would you please set them aside for me? 

And if you aren’t reading right now, I hope that you are writing!  Remember the Library’s Annual Writing Contest deadline is May 31, 2011.  Information and rules about the writing contest are on the City’s website.

No comments:

Post a Comment