Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Introduction

Hello Faithful Blog Followers!  The torch has been passed.  My name is Audra and I am the newest addition to the staff at Haltom City Public Library.  Our Fearless Leader had bestowed upon me the pleasure of blogging for the library.  I am very happy to take on the task of keeping the world informed of all the exciting happenings at our library.

I thought that an introduction would be a good way to kick things off.  Before I dive into the various details of me, I would like to commend our former Blog Mistress on her outstanding blog work.  As I read back through her posts, I find an abundance of personality and information.  I very much like her style.  I shall strive to fill her certainly fabulous shoes  ;0)

As for me, I have lived all but nine months of my life here in the Metroplex (Dallas/Ft. Worth).  I completed my MLS in 2003, and have worked mainly as a Middle School Librarian up to this point.  I am overjoyed to officially enter the Public Library world!!  In past lives I have worked as a Middle School Teacher, Cheerleading Coach, and Hairdresser, among a long list of other things. 

I most enjoy books in a series because it nearly brings me to tears to be forced to part with characters who have become like friends.  With a series, I am able to prolong time with favorite characters before the painful cleaving of them from my daily adventures begins.  I am fond of Young Adult literature, what is loosely classified as “Chick Lit.”, and down-right suspenseful mysteries.  As far as my adventures in Non-fiction go….you might find me researching how to refinish antique furniture, speak Italian, or how to make something kitschy out of Mod-patterned fabric or paper. 

Hopefully, over time, you and I will come to know each other better through our postings here.  I aim to keep you abreast of all the excitement that takes place here at the library, inform you of up-and-coming opportunities for learning and fun, and introduce you to some unforgettable characters (both literary and employed at our library). 

On a final note, I would like to invite each of you to participate freely in this blog.  I would LOVE to hear anything that is on your mind.  Please do not hesitate to send me fun facts, ideas, great books you have discovered and would like to share, comments, corrections, upcoming items of interest, etc.



Until Next Time,
Your Library Blog Maven
















3 comments:

  1. Warm Welcome, Library Blog Maven! Loved your blog and the kind words you gave the former library blog mistress. You're off to a great start and I have a feeling you won't be "replacing" the previous blogger but will be "Upgrading" her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your welcoming words!

      Delete
  2. What a neat phrase... 'passing the torch'.... For me, that is a con nation that the HCPL ie entrenched in a blogging process to provide a different kind of perspective to it's co stour ts. Thanks to the Blog Mistress for her lively posts and colorful bloggings that enlivened our blogging experiences. Welcome to you, The Blog Maven, as you enhance our blog experiences and extend our library experience. Read on!

    ReplyDelete